Committed To
Your Legal Needs

Let Us Take Care Of Your Loved One’s Estate

The time after a family member has passed away can be challenging, especially when you must also probate their estate. If they did not have a will, the probate process will be much more complicated, and you will likely need help to ensure it is done correctly. Even if they did have a will and/or trust in place, you can still benefit from a lawyer’s help.

At Martin, Elliott & Snell P.C. in Tualatin, our experienced probate attorneys are ready to listen to your questions and help you find solutions. We can handle small and large estates, including those with sophisticated assets such as a business. You can trust in our knowledge of Oregon probate law and our genuine concern for the well-being of your family at this time. Please contact us to learn how we can help you.

What Does Probate Entail?

Our attorneys will help you ensure that the estate of your loved one is taken care of after their passing. In probate, we will assist you in working with the courts to transfer property from the deceased to the proper beneficiaries.

Probate is the process of taking care of any outstanding concerns and closing the estate of the decedent. This involves many steps including:

  • Gathering the assets and distributing them according to the will. If there is no will, we will distribute assets according to Oregon law.
  • Paying the debts of the decedent.
  • Paying any estate taxes.

We will also handle all paperwork and filings with the Oregon probate court.

Guardianships And Conservatorships

Do you need assistance with a guardianship or conservatorship? We can help you prevent the need for an emergency guardianship or conservatorship by naming people who would be legal guardians for your children if you are incapacitated or deceased. By giving someone power of attorney to care for you in the event of a disabling health condition, you will have someone to follow your wishes regarding your finances and health care, eliminating much confusion and many disputes among family members.

You can also use a guardianship or conservatorship to provide care for an adult disabled child or to oversee assets given to a minor. We can guide you through the process of obtaining these critical powers and understanding your obligations.

Serving Tualatin Since 1985

You can be sure our lawyers are committed to providing the representation you need in all probate matters. To arrange a free 15-minute case evaluation, please call 503-868-5057 or complete a short online form. We can meet over the phone or by videoconference.